Set Yourself Free

Set Yourself Free 

Maybe right now this journey, your journey is only about you and yourself,

Maybe this is only your season when you become your own savior and safe.

At this moment, you should know that all those people who walked away,

They were only leading you back here to yourself, though they didn’t stay.


But here you are okay on your own, recovering, mending, and rebuilding,

And all the pieces of yourself that they walked away with, you are reclaiming.

You need to start letting go of everything and everyone you have held onto,

Don’t allow your past to take up the space that is meant for tomorrow, for you.


Accept that sometimes beautiful things end and sometimes people leave,

Let yourself move forward to and for the better after you let yourself grieve.

Sometimes two human beings don’t beat the odds and that’s fine, it is okay,

Find the closure in that, because someone will make a home in your heart someday.


Someone will care in the softest ways and bring you the deepest kind of bliss,

But to experience it, you need hope to believe in the radiant future there is.

Focus only on the ones who’ve stayed with you, who appreciate and respect you,

Do not lose touch with what you have, chasing the things you no longer do.


Be kinder and gentler to your soul, give yourself the same love you’ve given to others,

Have the courage to understand yourself and unhinge to reveal the gritty parts.

Forgive yourself for not fighting the sadness that was slowly swallowing you,

Heal yourself even when it hurts, but protect the parts that make you, you.


And you are strong enough to let go, to walk away and stand up for what you need,

You are not weak and not broken, your foundations are stronger than concrete.

Everything you once considered a failure was just an opportunity to bloom,

Remember that you are deserving and worthy of all the stars, and the moon. 

 ━ star


Author's Note
"In our perfect ways. In the ways we are beautiful. In the ways we are human. We are here. Happy New Year's. Let's make it ours." — Beyonce

Wishing you peace, love and laughter in the new year! 
I find it hard to stick to my resolutions but, this year I'm trying to follow through. My resolutions are  - read more, move more, wake up early and unplug.

Question - What are your New Year's Resolutions?
Comment and share your thoughts! 

Comments

  1. What a wonderful way to start the year! Thank you for this post. The fourth stanza deeply resonates with me, I've experienced it firsthand. You have given such a meaningful piece of advice, worded so beautifully! This year, my New Year resolution include reading more and being more organised. Here's to the start of a (hopefully) super year! ๐Ÿฅ‚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your constant support and appreciation throughout the last year! Each word means a lot to me. And your new year resolutions are so much similar to mine, reading is life <3 Cheers! ๐Ÿฅ‚

      Delete
  2. Such beautiful thoughts! Haven't given much thought to resolutions for this year, but I want to hone my writing skills and possibly explore new hobbies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this self-care reminder! Definitely needed after the rather grim two years of the pandemic. Have gone through too much of heartbreak and grief last year, but I eagerly believe that this year will be better. NY resolution is to let go of grudges and be positive. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely and thoughtful words of encouragement! Wishing you a very happy and liberating new year!๐ŸŽ†

      Delete
  4. Beautifully penned down! Keep up the great work! My new year resolution is to grow myself as an individual in all aspects of life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, very insightful and profound! Given everything that has happened last year - I really want to volunteer at old age homes, animal shelters and cancer awareness drives! I'm gonna really try to make time b/w the chaotic uni schedule. let's see what happens!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Hope you can make your difference to the world with your efforts, wishing you all the best and a very happy new year! ๐Ÿ™‚

      Delete
  6. The first stanza speaks so much to me! I think your poem just gave me a new resolution - be kinder to yourself and let yourself heal! I'm really critical to myself - my looks, my personality and my choices. My new year resolution would be to compliment myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad that my work can resonate with you and help you put yourself first! A very happy new year! ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰

      Delete
  7. This is simply remarkable! You are immensely talented, thank you for sharing your work...
    My new year resolution is to stop procrastinating and concentrate towards achieving my goals. Happy happy happy 2022!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for kind words of encouragement! Your new year resolutions make two of us! Here's to hoping for a year where we actually getting things done and stop procrastinating!๐Ÿ˜† Cheers! ๐Ÿฅ‚

      Delete
  8. Wonderfully written! �� Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Watching you grow and flourish brings to me deepest levels of comfort and joy. Such a magnificent piece yet simply written reminding everyone that how beautiful they are in their own perfect ways. Your kind words know the road that leads to one's heart and soul and leave the person better than they had found them. Go on my l'ill kitten. :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I truly have no words to express my heartfelt thanks for your precious words! They will always keep me going and never fail to motivate me! Thank you so much for the constant support and guidance throughout the years, wishing a very happy new year ♡♡♡

      Delete
  10. Such a powerful piece! Filled with wonderfully detailed observations, truly essential to recover, heal and invigorate ourselves. Wishing everyone a blissful year ahead with joy and hope coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely fantastic! Written with great precision and depth of understanding, every detail has been put in for a reason. A delightful read, truly soothes the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  12. your work is really eye-opening, great job on this one too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My lord, this is freaking beautiful! I genuinely think this poem has one of the best opening lines of any piece ever, it completely disarms me as a reader

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts