In Mother Earth's Words'

In Mother Earth's Words' │ A Collaboration with Project Poetry

A billion years ago when the sun hit me with its blazing hot rays,
For a minute, I considered stopping dead in my orbital trails.
I felt like I was being burned to the death, agonizingly,
But I got used to the sun’s scorching heat gradually.

My suffering though is increasing minute by minute like in a clock of sand,
Yet, it doesn’t seem to concern those who freely roam my land.
They only think of their needs and selfish desires,
Seeing this anger burns within me wild like the raging fires.

The industries and their toxic pollution,
The ozone fights the poisonous gases before it gives in.
The slashing out of trees from my framework breaks my heart,
And I’m struggling to keep it all together before it falls apart.

Once again, I want to see the clear cerulean skies above me,
Wishing for pure and unadulterated air blowing freely.
Longing to see tropical green trees busy with buzzing bees,
Scintillating seas with churning water and the cool breeze.

Will I ever get to see my dream me?
Will this situation ever become better for me?
It depends how you carry out my vision,
It depends on what you do and how you treat me.

I hope for a brighter future and better tomorrow
Can you promise me a fresh start?
I am trying to cure my wounds slowly
Will you do your part?

Author's Note

Huge shoutout to Guneet Kaur! ♥
Had a wonderful time collaborating with her on this poem! Go checkout her blog here.
This poem won the second prize at Avant Garde-2021 hosted by APS Noida! So very happy with how it turned out! Looking forward to creating another masterpiece with you soon! ♥


Comments

  1. Glad to see you are growing so much! What a wonderful piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Accurately describes the pitiful plight of our mother earth...great work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very well-written, this is so different from your usual work. But brilliant nonetheless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations for the laurels, much deserved! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pertinent segment during the ongoing climate crisis - "I am trying to cure my wounds slowly, Will you do your part?" touched me so deeply!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll be completely honest with you - I've been looking at some of your older works and I can really see how your writing has seasoned over the time. Glad to see you're working with other writers and growing yourself

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful poem ��

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully penned down!!
    A moving message, a challenging question put up by channeling thoughtful words. Very happy with the way you are touching varied subjects and beautifying the essence of each. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing! So proud of you both!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its straight from the heart of two little angles - Vidushi & Guneet. Nice work ! Would love to reach out your thoughts beyond your words ! Keep it up !

    ReplyDelete
  11. it was a real pleasure working with you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. To represent what the earth is thinking, it is phenomenal...totally and utterly immaculate

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts