Reader's Emotions

Reader's Emotions

Sitting in the sunlight flooded meadow,
Under a banyan tree’s cool shadow.
With a book in my bare hands,
I find myself losing in mystical lands.
I can’t hear anything,
But only the voices the book is to bring.
There is no one in my sight,
Only the characters’ eyes shine bright.
I am completely lost and completely found,
In the imaginary world far from the ground.
Laughing one minute and crying at the same time,
Getting intrigued by the protagonist’s partner in crime.
My breath uneven as one of them betrays,
And towards the evil the scale sways.
And then as the  truth unfolds and reaches its peak,
The writer calls it a day and all my hopes have now  gone bleak.
I cling to the cliffhanger through the day and the night,
Wanting to know what happens when the wicked they fight.
Waiting and waiting and waiting to know what happens next,
I endure the pains of a book’s after effects.
I hang on to the characters like they are the life of me,
No longer interested in another book shopping spree.
And when the sequel finally gets released,
The back of mind is partially eased.
Yet again, I find myself vanishing in its world,
And read to find the answers to the questions the book has hurled.
When the tragic truth is revealed,
My eyes remain shut and my  lips remain still and sealed.
The tears are threatening to spill from my eyes,
As the characters bid their adieu and goodbyes.

─── • ───

We know that the fictional events aren't real. But the emotions can be. Readers can fear and feel joy and be excite and know grief. They can laugh and cry, shiver and rage. All from reading a story.

Books don’t change people, paragraphs, sometimes even lines do. The lines that make me feel something, the passages that make me laugh and the things that make me cry, it is all those things in a book, which make me the person I am.

QOTD - Comment your favorite quote from a book!
Mine is - "Becoming fearless isn't the point. That's impossible. It's learning how to control your fear, and how to be free from it." - Tobias Eaton (Divergent series)

╔═══━━━─── • ───━━━═══╗
share • comment • follow
Thanks for reading ♡
╚═══━━━─── • ───━━━═══╝

Comments

  1. Oh my lord! You have no idea how deeply your words have touched me. Although this poem was not particularly lyrical or rhythmic the way you have described the feelings of reading a book is so accurate. Usually, I like to read young adult and romance novels (it's my guilty pleasure) so I do suppose this poem resonated with me more because the story arc is pretty basic - setting, conflict, climax and end. But this is really well conveyed! My favourite quote is-- "I just want to spend every possible minute of the rest of my life with you" from Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins.

    ReplyDelete

  2. Oh wow, this is really well done! As someone commented above this reads more like a story in itself but wonderful nevertheless. My favorite line is -
    "Don't pity the dead. Pity the living. And above all those who live without love"

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is simply beautiful and I especially appreciate the author's note at the end. Reading has always helped me cope up with rough patches in my life and it makes me so happy to see that other people also realise the significance and power of words. Books can change people, they certainly have the power to. Fav quote: “Numbing the pain for a while will make it worse when you finally feel it.”
    -Albus Dumbledore

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always run short on appreciation for all your writings are equally beautiful !! And the adorable comments I read here makes my heart brimming with happiness and pride that you have such innate capability to reach and touch people's souls. Maybe this sums up what i mean to say-"Creativity is seeing the same thing but thinking differently."
    I want you to be the Unstoppable. :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful piece of work ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘Œ

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have no idea how a person can write such beautiful poems. You weave stories in my head that are truly unforgettable! <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts